How to Sync / Share folder & files using SharePoint
When you migrate to Office 365, a question that is typically asked is how do I replicate what I had with DropBox or Google Drive. You may want to share and sync folders and files on your machine with the team. The easiest way to do this is using SharePoint’s sync facility. Here are the steps to setup syncing of your local collection with SharePoint.
- Login to http://outlook.office365.com using your company user id and password
- Click on “Sites” on the top right hand corner as shown below
- Click on the “Team Site” as shown below
- Click on “Sync” in the top right hand corner second row as shown below
- You should see a pop-up as shown below. On that pop-up, click on “Sync now”.
- You should see another pop-up as shown below. On that pop-up, click on “Sync now”.
- Now go to Windows Explorer (press Windows Key and E simultaneously). You should see “Sharepoint” in your “Favorites” as shown below.
- Clicking on SharePoint will bring up various sites you are syncing with on your machine. Pick the appropriate site.